Monday 12 March 2007

When Two Worlds Collide

On Saturday night, I went out with my colleagues for my birthday, because I won't see them over the weekend. We went to this nice cocktail bar, rather over-crowded, over-priced and over-yuppied if you ask me. Not the sort of establishment you would normally see me in. Everyone was all dressed up - even me, which doesn't happen often but I thought I'd make the effort since everyone else was.

Earlier in the week I'd discussed with some people going to Decadence afterwards, mainly because I really hate St. Albans with the hugest of passions. And also because the people in St. Albans are all cunts. Little did I know, I'd have a whole army of Indie blokes following me into London. To a hair metal club. Smooth move... It was kinda nice though that they actually wanted to spend some time with me, because I tend to keep my three worlds very separate, work, friends, and family. I rarely mix them. Purely because they just don't fit together, it's a recipe for disaster. Even though I'm the same person, my separate worlds are polar extremes

By the end of the night I had two groups of friends sat round a table. One group of rowdy lads shouting football chants at each other, and jeering about how girls can't play musical instruments. The other group, three of my pissed off bandmates - who happen to be fenale and play musical instruments, and some metal blokes, just looking at each other in bewilderment

Although it was a very fun night, there inlies the reason I do not mix business with pleasure