Thursday 15 March 2007

Old Shmold

So it's my 21st birthday in three days. Everyone keeps asking me what I want to do for it. I already thought I WAS doing something, but apparantly just going out on the razz with my closest friends isn't enough. So my mother persists to book a table at some crap Italian restaurant, so I can have dinner with my family. Call me ungrateful, but I can think of better things I could be doing than sitting in some restaurant I dislike, with people i like even less. I know you only get one family and all that cliched jazz, but my friends are the family I chose. If you knew my family you'd understand. I'm not going to single out every member and give a reason as to why I would not be wanting to spend this "special" day with them, because that just isn't my style. The only ones I really like know who they are, and know they are very dear to me. It's all those other schmoes who only speak to me at Christmas and get me really expensive gifts because they feel bad that I'm the adopted one that I can't abide

My way of looking at it, there is one person I actually want to spend my birthday with (other than my wonderful friends of course), and I can't, because they are the other side of the damn world - where I should be

No comments: